How to Participate
Fill out the online application and you will receive emails from PayPal and URTA immediately. If you fill out the paper application, processing time is much longer. Confirmation letters, site sheets, Directory of Member Training Programs and supplemental material will be mailed via USPS. Date assignments for Actors and Design/Techs, and list of recruiting schools for Directors, Stage Managers and Theatre Managers will be emailed.
Before you just randomly start filling in the application, read the Instructions
- Verify email addresses for your Nominator AND either the Department Head/Chair (if you are being nominated by a College/University) OR the Artistic/Producing Director (if you are being nominated by a Theatre Company). Incorrect email addresses will delay processing.
- Scroll through the application to see what data you need, as the system will not allow you to "save" and come back later. Incomplete Applications are not processed and you will have to start over.
---- IMPORTANT NOTES! -----
- Online applicants receive an email confirmation upon submission. The application is not valid without Paypal confirmation. If you do not get both confirmation email, CHECK YOUR SPAM for our email, and contact Paypay for theirs. Did you use the correct email address? Physical documents are mailed via US Post starting at the end of September.
- If your campus mail shuts down during winter break, or you are graduating, make sure to have your mail forwarded. URTA does not take responsibility for lost or misdirected mail.
- If you apply on line you may use VISA or Mastercard only. We do not accept Discover or American Express. If you need to pay with a money order or cashier's check, use the paper application.
- If you can't apply online, CLICK HERE for the paper version.
click HERE for Online Application
AEA members may apply HERE